Dear Patients and Colleagues,
As we prepare to reopen our facilities during this unprecedented time, NYCOMS would like you to know that we are taking every precaution to assure the safety of our patients and staff. We have adopted enhanced procedures and protocols that go beyond the recommendations of the CDC, ADA, etc., to assure the well-being of our patients and staff. As with NYCOMS AAAA certification, we set a high bar for excellence and are committed to this same higher level of care when addressing the Covid-19 pandemic.
A few of the changes you will experience when scheduling appointments with NYCOMS are as follows:
- We will ask you a series of questions meant to facilitate when your appointment will be scheduled in one of our offices.
- We have adopted enhanced procedures to minimize the administrative contact between patient and staff, including registration, insurance information (when applicable), consents, payments, etc.
- We will provide a specific protocol for your safe entry to our office and request that you do your part in making this a safe and productive visit. Please remember, your care, safety and the safety of our staff are paramount.
- We are staggering appointments so that as few patients as possible are in our facility at one time and spacing out appointments accordingly. We may ask that you contact us by phone when you arrive and we, in turn, will contact you when it is time to enter the office.
- We ask that you use hand sanitizer upon entering the facility and wear a mask, or other face covering.
- A surgical assistant will meet you and electronically take your temperature from a safe distance.
- As before, NYCOMS Front Desk staff will advise you of where to go and how to proceed during this unprecedented time. As always, our staff are seasoned professionals and seek to make your NYCOMS’ experience a safe one.
- You will be escorted by one of our highly trained staff to a treatment room, or for x-rays, etc., if deemed necessary by the Doctor.
- Our goal is to keep you safe and have you treated in as few locations within our facility as possible.
We would also like to assure you that all of our facilities have been professionally sanitized in anticipation of our reopening. This means all surfaces in our entire facility have been cleaned according to governmental and association guidelines, including our waiting room, conference rooms, operating rooms, administrative areas and restrooms. You will see that we have now erected clear barriers between our Front Desk staff and the patient intake areas. We have also adopted ongoing procedures to fully clean, disinfect and sanitize the facility after a patient leaves our office and before the next patient arrives.
We continue to review and revise these protocols with your safety in mind. We request that you comply with these procedures and advise us if you would like clarification or feel uncomfortable with any aspect of these new protocols.
Since 1988, NYCOMS has provided our patients with the highest level of care and concern. With careful and detailed planning, we will get through this unprecedented time together.
Stephen A. Sachs DDS, FACS
Michael H. Schwartz DDS, FACS
Jay M. Neugarten DDS, MD, FACS
Salvatore L. Ruggiero DMD, MD, FACS
Elisheva Rosenfeld DDS, MD, FACS
Bradley J. Romsa DMD
Back to Patient Info